How Material Concepts is Responding to COVID-19
Friday, June 12, 2020
Material Concepts Plays Key Role in Fighting the Coronavirus Pandemic
Gerber PPE Task Force collaborating with Material Concepts and DuPont
Through our collaboration with DuPont and Gerber, Material Concepts is proud to be a part of the Gerber PPE Task Force – supporting customers interested in manufacturing gowns made with Tyvek® 1222A as part of the #TyvekTogether program.
Learn more about this effort in DuPont’s news release
Thursday, April 23, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
As a Converted Paper Products Manufacturer, Material Concepts is permitted to operate as we manufacturer products that are necessary in many industries such as personal protection equipment for the medical field and first responders.
We are taking all necessary steps to protect our employees to ensure that they can continue to work safely.
We are following the recommendations from the CDC and WHO as well as those from the PA Governor’s office, and Office of the Mayor of Philadelphia so that we can do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are all in this together.
Thank you for your trust in Material Concepts – Stay safe.
Friday, March 20, 2020
On Thursday March 19th, the Governor of Pennsylvania ordered non-life-sustaining businesses to shut down in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Material Concepts is exempt from this list; therefore, we continue to serve the supply chain needs of businesses during this time.
- We have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Our hours are temporarily reduced to Monday – Friday 8:30am-3pm
- Office staff has been put on rotation to reduce the amount of people in the building.
- Employees have been asked to come directly to work from home, without stopping, to help limit their exposure.
- We are disinfecting our facilities twice daily: 12pm and at end of day.
Businesses under shutdown orders range from coal mines to building contractors to many types of manufacturers.
Our goal is to supply our customers while continuing to work safely, and to keep our employees and families safe and healthy. We continue to monitor the CDC, WHO, Philadelphia.gov, and the Governor’s Office for important updates.
We are optimistic that these mandatory closures and social distancing will help slow the spread of the virus.
Please stay safe and vigilant.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Material Concepts is sending this notice to update our customers on our plans for dealing with the COVID-19 breakout.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the City of Philadelphia Government. Our focus is to ensure we meet our clients’ needs during this challenging time while doing our part to keep our employees, families, and our communities safe.
We are working to continue to serve the supply chain needs of businesses during this time and we anticipate no difficulties maintaining our normal levels of Quality and Service.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees including:
- If they feel like they are getting sick, or an immediate family member is sick or has been exposed to someone that is sick, they must stay home.
- If they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care
We are not allowing non-employees into the building except for deliveries. All meetings with outside vendors are to take place by phone or skype.
- We are reminding our employees about frequent hand washing, and we are disinfecting all facilities and equipment.
As this situation is evolving rapidly, we have created a web page with information on how Material Concepts is responding to COVID-19.
Thank you for trusting us with your business.